The Call Routing Mailbox specifies which dialing options (Dial Action Table) and announcements are
available to Automated Attendant callers. By default, IntraMail provides 8 Call Routing Mailboxes
(801-808). However, you can assign any of the 32 Routing Mailboxes as a Call Routing Mailbox. The
Call Routing Mailbox is an integral part of the Automated Attendant. The Automated Attendant can
automatically answer the telephone system’s incoming calls, play an Instruction Menu message, and
provide dialing options to callers. There are 3 major Automated Attendant components:
- The Line Schedules, when enabled, set how the system answers outside calls according
to the time of day and day of week the call is ringing. If the active Line Schedule
routes a call to an IntraMail Call Routing Mailbox, the Automated Attendant picks
- By default, Line Schedules do not route calls to the Automated
Call Routing Mailbox
- A Call Routing Mailbox (32 maximum) is a mailbox associated with an individual Line
Schedule entry. It specifies which dialing options (Dial Action Table) are available
to callers. It also provides the Instruction Menu to callers which typically greets
the callers and describes the dialing options.
- By default, Line Schedules do not route calls to the Automated Attendant.
Dial Action Table
- Once the Automated Attendant answers, the Dial Action Table (16 maximum) provides
the dialing options to callers. Each digit a caller can dial is assigned a specific
action (function) in the Dial Action Table. The dial action used depends on the
setting in the active Call Routing Mailbox, which in turn depends on the Line
- By default, Call Routing Mailboxes 1-8 use Dial Action Table 1.