An outside party can have their own Guest Mailbox mailbox for receiving and sending messages. A Guest
Mailbox is a Subscriber Mailbox that
have an extension associated with it. A Guest Mailbox has many of the IntraMail features of a
Subscriber Mailbox. A company visitor with a Guest Mailbox could, for example:
- Go to any extension, press INTERCOM + 700, then dial their mailbox number.
- Review their messages, leave messages for associates, or record a new greeting for their
- Use many other features available to a Subscriber Mailbox.
Voice mail routes calls to the Guest Mailbox in the following three ways:
- A Screened Transfer (STRF) or Unscreened Transfer (UTRF) from the Automated Attendant goes
directly to the Guest Mailbox, even though there is no extension installed.
- An Intercom call to the uninstalled extension goes directly to the Guest Mailbox.
- A transferred call to the uninstalled extension also goes directly to the Guest
For a brief overview of the features available at a Guest Mailbox, review the Related Features
below. Then, go to the individual feature to find out how it operates and any programming required
to make it work.