The Automated Attendant answers outside calls on each line, according to the time of the day and day
of the week that the call is ringing. The Automated Attendant can automatically answer the telephone
system’s incoming calls, play an Instruction Menu message, and provide dialing options to callers.
The block diagram below shows the default IntraMail Automated Attendant configuration. There are 3
- The Answer Table (8 maximum) determines how the Automated Attendant answers outside
calls on each line, according to the time of the day and day of the week that the
call is ringing. The Answer Table divides the time of day and day of the week into
individual schedules, which in turn assign a Call Routing Mailbox to each call. When
a specific schedule is
in effect, the Answer Table uses its Default Mailbox to determine routing.
- By default, all lines use Answer Table 1. Answer Table 1 has a single schedule that
runs Monday through Friday from 8:30AM to 5:00PM.
Call Routing Mailbox
- A Call Routing Mailbox (16 maximum) is a mailbox associated with an individual
Answer Table schedule or the Default Mailbox. It specifies which dialing options
(Dial Action Table) are available to callers. It also provides the Instruction Menu
to callers which typically greets the callers and describes the dialing
- By default, Answer Table 1 has a single schedule that runs Monday through Friday
from 8:30AM to 5:00PM. This schedule and the Default Mailbox both use Call Routing
Dial Action Table
- Once the Automated Attendant answers, the Dial Action Table (16 maximum) provides
the dialing options to callers. Each digit a caller can dial is assigned a specific
action (function) in the Dial Action Table. The dial action used depends on the
setting in the active Call Routing Mailbox, which in turn depends on the Answer
- By default, Call Routing Mailbox 1 uses Dial Action Table 1.