The Built-In Automated Attendant gives the system call answering and routing capabilities when
IntraMail is not installed. The Built-In Automated Attendant can use any of the first eight Call
Routing Mailboxes (801-808) for call handling, and each of these eight Routing Mailboxes can have a
30 second Instruction Menu message (Attendant Greeting). The Routing Mailboxes
be Call Routing Mailboxes, and all other Routing Mailbox types are ignored. Additionally, the
Built-In Automated Attendant provides two voice mail ports, allowing it to process two calls
The Built-In Automated Attendant does not provide voice mail.
Just like the full featured IntraMail Automated Attendant, the Built-In Automated Attendant can
answer outside calls on each line according to the time of the day and day of the week that the call
is ringing. After answering, the Built-In Automated Attendant plays an Instruction Menu message
(greeting) to the caller and provides them with dialing options. The block diagram below shows the
default Built-In Automated Attendant configuration. There are 3 major Automated Attendant
- The Answer Table (8 maximum) determines how the Automated Attendant answers outside
calls on each line, according to the time of the day and day of the week that the
call is ringing. The Answer Table divides the time of day and day of the week into
individual schedules, which in turn assign a Call Routing Mailbox to each call. When
a specific schedule is
in effect, the Answer Table uses its Default Mailbox to determine routing.
- By default, all lines use Answer Table 1. Answer Table 1 has a single schedule that
runs Monday through Friday from 8:30AM to 5:00PM.
- All eight Answer Tables are available to the Built-In Automated Attendant.
Call Routing Mailbox
- A Call Routing Mailbox (16 maximum) is a mailbox associated with an individual
Answer Table schedule or the Default Mailbox. It specifies which dialing options
(Dial Action Table) are available to callers. It also provides the Instruction Menu
to callers which typically greets the callers and describes the dialing
- By default, Answer Table 1 has a single schedule that runs Monday through Friday
from 8:30AM to 5:00PM. This schedule and the Default Mailbox both use Call Routing
- Routing Mailboxes 801-808 are available to the Built-In Automated Attendant. Each
be a Call Routing Mailbox.
Dial Action Table
- Once the Automated Attendant answers, the Dial Action Table (16 maximum) provides
the dialing options to callers. Each digit a caller can dial is assigned a specific
action (function) in the Dial Action Table. The dial action used depends on the
setting in the active Call Routing Mailbox, which in turn depends on the Answer
Table setup. The valid Dial Action Table actions for the Built-In Automated
- UTRF (Unscreened Transfer)
- GOTO (Go to a Mailbox)
- Hang Up
- By default, Call Routing Mailbox 1 uses Dial Action Table 1.
- All 16 Dial Action Tables are available to the Built-In Automated Attendant.