Installing the VoIPDB in DSX-80/160
Additional Feature Information
How to Install the VoIPDB in DSX-80/160
1. Power down the system and remove the cabinet cover.
Following the guidelines in the system Hardware Manual, power down the system by
turning off the Main Equipment Cabinet power switch.
Remove the cabinet cover.
2. Remove the CPU Card and Install the VoIPDB.
Be sure to take adequate anti-static precautions.
- You should always wear a grounded wrist strap when installing or removing DSX cards.
- Be sure the wrist strap is attached to a known electrical service ground (such as
the earth ground lug on the cabinet).
- Discharge any built-up static electricity by touching a ground point.
Remove the card bracket that secures the CPU card to the cabinet.
Carefully remove the CPU card and place it on a flat, anti-static surface.
Install the plastic stand-offs.
- There are four plastic stand-offs included in the package with each VoIPDB.
- Following the illustration below, snap the stand-offs into the CPU card.
Following the illustration below, snap the VoIPDB into the CPU card.
3. Reinstall the CPU Card and Power UP.
Slide the CPU card back into the Main Equipment Cabinet.
Reinstall the card bracket.
Reinstall the cabinet cover.
Power up the system.
4. Installing the RFI Suppressor Assembly.
Install the RFI Suppressor Assembly provided with the VoIPDB on the system ethernet
be mounted inside the cabinet and as close to the CPU Card as possible.