Automatic Slot Conﬁguration automatically sets up station and line PCBs when you initially power up
the system. This simpliﬁes installation because you don’t have to use system programming to activate
station and line PCBs after you plug them in.
Here’s how Automatic Slot Conﬁguration works:
- With power off, install your station and line PCBs.
- With the system powered down, install the station and line PCBs from left to right in the order
you want your extension and line numbers set up.
- Be sure to install a 16ESIU PCB in the ﬁrst slot (CN1).
- You don’t have to group your station and line PCBs together, although it may be more
convenient to do so.
- Power up the system.
- On power up, the system scans the PCBs from left to right and sets up the extension and line
numbering as follows.
- Extension numbers will begin with 300 in the ﬁrst slot and increment from left to right.
- Line numbers will begin with 101 (starting from the ﬁrst installed line PCB) and will
also increment from left to right.
System reset does not cause reconﬁguration. Automatic Slot Conﬁguration is temporarily disabled
during a system reset.